The Natural Diamond Council and celebrated jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz are pleased to present the Emerging Designers Diamond Initiative (EDDI). This program provides opportunities, removes barriers to entry, and offers unparalleled access to industry education and resources, including an allocation of $1 million dollars of diamond credit, to Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) jewelry designers. Designers who do not presently work with diamonds are encouraged to apply.
Without a previous history with suppliers, or references in the industry, it can be challenging to purchase diamonds. Our program aims to help designers establish credit in their own names and understand the process of diamond financing, credit and memo terms.
TO INDUSTRY EDUCATION, OPPORTUNITIES
The one-year program includes:
• Financial grant to aid with design and production
• Diamond education seminars
• $20,000 line of credit with 24 month pay-back terms to purchase diamonds
• Access to production, marketing, finance, legal, HR and supply chain resources
• Retail and sales advice and support
• Online learning platform and monthly webinars with industry experts
• Individual mentors matched to each designer’s business needs
• PR and social media opportunities
• Promoted content on NDC channels
• Monthly networking sessions with other participants
Diamond Credit & Selection Process
Designers will be encouraged to utilize a variety of diamonds including those of differing colors and sizes, in order to celebrate the uniqueness of natural diamonds and a variety of price points.
A diamond credit will offer designers access to diamonds with extended payment terms of up to 24 months to diamantaires. NDC will guarantee this timeframe with our partners to ensure that designers have time to create and sell their diamond jewelry.
Applicants must be U.S. based and in business for at least one year and provide a brief business overview that outlines their operations to date and future goals. Sketches will be required along with a description of how diamonds will be incorporated into designs.
A selection committee including Lorraine Schwartz, stylist and designer, Jason Rembert, Global Head Of Fashion & Beauty Partnerships at Snapchat, Rajni Jacques, and NDC CEO, David Kellie will review designer applications until the $1 million diamond credit has been fully allocated.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the application process.